Monday, 8 April 2013

Margaret Thatcher sadly passes away at the age of 88!

One of our greatest leaders of all time has died this morning! It is believed that she suffered a stroke. At 88 I guess it wasn't too bad an age but even so I am sure her children will still be mortified. For me she was a strong leader who stood up to the unions which someone had to do. She was also very strong when dealing with Russia and the EU which was to her credit. I remember her iron resolve during the Falklands conflict and when the hotel she and her colleagues were staying in was bombed by the IRA! An amazing women - she was truly the 'iron lady' of our time!

Margaret Thatcher   13/10/1925 - 8/04/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.