Thursday, 4 April 2013

Caravan club car insurance - not quite what it promises?

As a Caravan Club member and having recently received my latest magazine I was tempted to get a quote from them for my car insurance, as it is due very soon and the advert said that they would 'guarantee to undercut my current quote by £25! Sounds as though I couldn't lose didn't it? Not true I'm afraid!

What they don't say on the literature is that the offer may only applies if you pay in full upfront because in my case, and is probably true in many cases, their quote was nowhere near my current insurer which then lead me to reveal my current insurers renewal quote so that they could undercut it by the promised £25. The process on the telephone takes ages but rather annoyingly in my case of course ended with the young lady informing me that their offer would still be more expensive because I prefer to pay by direct debit and their finance charges are much more than my current insurer! Yes, they would undercut by £25 but I would need to pay the fee upfront in full. What a pity they don't state that on the literature in the first place as it would have saved me 1/2 hour of my valuable time and that of their representative too! Maybe I've incurred a telephone charge to? I am surprised that the  insurance company operating on behalf of the Caravan Club was not made to be more open and honest with its advertising by stating clearly that the offer may not apply to those who pay by direct debit! Disappointing Mr Caravan Club!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.