Friday, 22 March 2013

Naked Wines? Look out for these con merchants!

Just to warn you about this outfit!

I purchased some concert tickets recently and when the tickets arrived I found a voucher for Naked Wines enclosed. It looked brilliant - £60 worth of wine absolutely free with free delivery on orders of over £80! Obviously I wasn't going to pass off the opportunity of some free plonk so I went on their website with a view of ordering some. I soon noticed that whilst most of the wines I was choosing were discounted by £3 to £5, when I checked my basket periodically mine weren't - in fact I was being charged full price for all of them - and believe me they aren't cheap at £10 - £15 per bottle and more! Then I also realised that actually to get free delivery you had to buy £140 worth of wine to get free delivery (ie 12 bottles). It goes without saying that I cancelled my order just in time!

The moral of this story is Naked Wines try to trick you into spending much more than you think you will have to. They are fiddling bast...s in my view! If you like your wine as I do then take a tip from me, buy it from Majestic Wines - they provide good quality wine at fair prices and from my experience appear to be honest and straightforward in the way they do business!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.